Thursday 19 July 2012

University of the Arts Berlin

My internship has so far offered me some fantastic training opportunities and visits, but perhaps none more exciting than my placement last week, which saw me fly off to Berlin to spend five days at the Archive Service at the University of the Arts Berlin. This was all arranged through Erasmus - being able to take part in schemes like this is one of the great things about working for an HE Archive. The aim of the placement was to gain practical experience and knowledge of archive administration in a comparable HE Service in another European country. I was really excited about seeing what kind of collections they held and how they compared to ours and learn what the archivists there did day-to-day. Berlin has been at the top of my list of places to visit for a while, so obviously this added an extra bit of excitement! So off I went armed with camera, notebook and guidebook. Find out what I saw and learnt as I post my daily diary...


The University of the Arts Berlin
©Mary Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment